The Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) Associate at Townhouse Partners Consulting in New York City will be responsible for managing the full cycle underwriting process for CRE finance and capital market services, and for growing and managing multiple client relationships with top lending institutions, CRE owner/operators and hedge funds. The CRE Associate will report directly to Townhouse Partners Consulting’s Managing Director.
- Underwriting commercial real estate transactions and preparing market analysis reports;
- Performing complicated financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis in Excel;
- Reviewing and analyzing legal documents and third party reports as part of the due diligence process;
- Reviewing historical CMBS transactions and update market assumptions;
- Creating and maintaining financial models in Argus; and
- Managing multiple client and vendor relationships including communicating via email, phone and attending on site meetings.
- Occasional travel (< 10%) may be required for client meetings within NY Metro area, and domestically throughout U.S. for real estate inspections as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Accounting; plus
- 2 years of experience in a financial analysis role or related position;
- At least 1 year of experience in the CRE industry in a research or analytics role;
- Experience working with Excel VBA, Bloomberg Financial Research Portal, and other CRE software and technologies including, but not limited to, REIS, Argus and CoStar;
- Knowledge of the commercial loan underwriting process and ability to create underwriting models;
- Familiarity and/or experience with credit rating agency methodologies; and
- Excellent quantitative, organizational, interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
Full-time; position is currently based at our offices located at 100 Park Avenue, 29th Floor, New York, NY 10017 but may be based on site at clients located in NY Metro area. Apply on-line at http://www.townhousepartners.com/careers/; no phone calls please.